Monday, July 22, 2019

Visit Pearl Harbour


I was returning from the studio, suddenly a phone came from office that I have to write a documentary about the famous news happened in U.S. I dropped myself on a side road bench when I heard of writing an article that has happened in Pearl Harbour. The Pearl Harbour attack has shivered down everyone’s spine in U.S. As a document writer, I have to take the case and look forward to visit there to get more details about the incident.

So the next day, I started my journey to Oahu, in Hawaii. Pearl harbour is very famous for its military camp base in the Pacific Ocean. I was reading somewhere that the day before the attack, United States were not ready about the war. After the attack, United States declared war against Japan and prepared them for the war. The ships and submarines are well maintained so as to be ready at any moment of sudden attack.

Pearl Harbour Trip
At present, Pearl Harbour unites with Hickam Air Force Base to create Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. After reaching there I saw many Military members are serving their duties. It serves about 25,000 family members every year with schools, hospitals, stores, and refreshment opportunities. The military religiously take care of their families protect them from any kind of attacks. Every year, about 2 million visitors visit this famous place in the memories of the soldiers. Some came to meet their families, relatives some came to give respects to the soldiers who has died on their duties during the attack. In the famous Battleship “Missouri”, Japanese signed an agreement about the end of World War II.

There I found many visitors came to see the beautiful Arizona Memorial. There is Bowfin Submarine which has been converted within 1 year into a museum post attack. So if anyone loves to visit historical places this is the worth place to visit.

Unknowingly, I get to know a lot about this gloomy incident that has left a huge historical impact to the world. I returned back home, continuously thinking about all the soldiers who left their footsteps behind that place. I prayed to god for their soul may rest in peace. I also add up a new wish to my bucket list, to donate some money for their families those who financially need it. Bucket list helped me a lot in fulfilling all my wishes and hope soon I will be able to fulfil this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment